POLI 272 BAYESIAN METHODS
Due 12 November 2009
All homeworks must be neatly typed with Microsoft Word or its equivalent with all R
and WINBUGS code shown in an
- Work Chapter 5, Exercise 1, on pages 110-111 of Bayesian Computation With R.
- Work Chapter 5, Exercise 2, on pages 111 of Bayesian Computation With R.
- Modify the
I demonstrated in class that
runs glm and optim to do Probit to re-run the three Houses you analyzed in
Homework 4 and
Homework 5. Specifically, use the format I show in the
105th House Simple Probit Example for WINBUGS,
glm in R, and Optim in R (PDF) handout to report:
- The Probit Results from STATA.
- The complete neatly formatted output from glm.
- The complete neatly formatted output from optim.
- Add the log-likelihoold of the vague priors into the fr function for optim
and report the complete neatly formatted output.